- News 2014
- News Archives 2013
- News Archives 2012
- News Archives 2011
- News Archives 2010
- News Archives 2009
- News Archives 2008
- News Archives 2007
Newsletter Sign Up
Get the latest from Marine Harvest Canada
Marine Harvest now accepting applications for salmon barbeque event trailer
February 1st, 2013
Last summer, Marine Harvest Canada's (MHC) salmon barbeque trailer was proud to have cooked up over $15,000 of support for local charities on Vancouver Island. We're now looking forward to booking fundraising events for summer 2013!
MHC is now accepting applications from charities and societies located on mid-north Vancouver Island. Applications deadline is March 15, 2013.
MHC's specially designed salmon barbeque "Event Trailer" was built in 2010 to support local fundraising initiatives. The 'grab and go' trailer is inspected, approved and permitted by the Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) and includes:
- Large cast iron grills
- Two fridges
- Four sinks
- Built in storage cabinets
- 10 x 20 tent cover
- 35 gallons of heated water
- 30 square feet of prep area
- 45 square feet of serving space
- Power choice - wall or generator
To qualify, the following criteria must be met by the applicant;
- Event is within the summer season - April 1 to October 1.
- Must be a registered charity, a society or a sporting association.
- 100% of proceeds must go toward the applicant.
- Event must serve at least 200 people and be open to the public.
- A minimum of four applicant members on hand to assist through set up, cooking, serving and clean up. Food Safe training is preferred.
- Must serve only Marine Harvest Canada fresh salmon.
- Applicant member to collect and manage monetary donations.
- Event must not have other vendors selling or donating foods.
- Additional foods or drinks provided (pop, hot dogs, chips, side dish etc) is the responsibility of applicant and must be agreed to by MHC.
Marine Harvest Canada will be pleased to provide the following;
- Event trailer (including transportation to and from event, set up and tear down).
- Salmon (includes cutting and marinade).
- A MHC approved Chef or Food Safe trained MHC employee to manage the preparation of salmon and cook MHC's standard recipe.
- Ingredients to fully prepare a (very yummy!) salmon burger, including bun and all condiments.
- Serving supplies for salmon and/or salmon burgers.
- Business information.
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2013 and will be chosen based on above criteria. We regret that due to the overwhelming interest and time conflicts, MHC will not be able to satisfy all requests. MHC will respond to all applicants via email by March 22, 2013.
Please fill out the application form below:
To view a short video about Marine Harvest's BBQ trailer, click here.