Marine Harvest Canada is currently recruiting for a relief, on call Crew Van Driver. This is a part time position, driving staff from the Comox Valley to the Englewood docks (Port McNeill area) and return.
Your duties will include safe operation of a crew van, organizing pick up/drop off of staff from specific locations, regular vehicle maintenance, routine equipment maintenance, work outside near heavy equipment, forklift/crane operation, assisting in loading/off-loading trucks/barges and basic paperwork.
The successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of Class 4 driver’s license, and a current, clean drivers abstract. You must have demonstrated strong communications skills, experience planning and organizing and be flexible on hours of work.
This position is available immediately.
Closing date: November 28th, 2014
To apply for this opportunity, please forward your employment application to Shylo Loock, HR Coordinator.
Fax: (250) 850-3275
Marine Harvest Canada is recruiting for the challenging position of Certification Manager.
Reporting to the Public Affairs Director, the Certification Manager will champion the implementation of production and environmental certification standards (ASC, BAP among others) within MHC operations. Responsibilities will include:
- pre-certification project planning,
- internal readiness assessment/audit,
- supporting the development/modification and implementation of procedures/processes to meet certification standards where required,
- coordinating staff training, liaising with 3rd-party external certification auditors/organizations to coordinate audit schedules, and
- representing the certification program to our customers as a support to our Sales staff.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum 5 years experience in quality assurance program development and/or 3rd party certification and audit processes (working knowledge of GAA BAP and ASC Standards an asset)
- Project management experience and well developed organizational skills;
- Sound knowledge of all facets of salmon aquaculture (farming through processing)
- A University degree in a related field (biology or environmental studies) is preferred;
- Food processing quality assurance experience and training (i.e. HACCP Training and/or BRC qualifications) is a definite asset
Very strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Closing date: December 5th, 2014
If you possess the attributes we desire and want to make a difference with a progressive, growth-oriented company in a dynamic global industry, please forward your resume with cover letter to:
Fax: (250) 850-3275
Quality Assurance Field Coordinator
The QA Field Coordinator visits Marine Harvest customers to inspect and verify customer claims related to our product quality and resolves such issues with customers to bring claims to a satisfactory conclusion. The incumbent will expected to travel regularly to customer locations .
The QA Field Coordinator spends the majority of his/her time closing claims in a timely manner to support Marine Harvest operations. The incumbent has the ability to manage the claims load and maintain accurate documentation. Additionally, he/she maintains confidentiality, which is critical to maintaining good customer relations and avoiding a negative impact on the Company.
- Visit customer processing facilities to investigate issues and the reasons for product claim; Generate visits reports including a full description of the processing steps from reception of raw material, transformation and final product.
- Assess claims and verify financial cost of product claims;
- Reviews customer processing equipment and methods and advises on ways to reduce downgrades;
- Perform a follow-up of the raw material quality results covering MHC processing plants and clients processing facilities.
- Negotiate with customers to reduce the value of claims as appropriate;
- Collect documentation of all claims in a timely and accurate manner, including gathering of photos and samples as appropriate;
- Identify potential supply chain issues that may be impacting product quality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Top notch time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work effectively with internal associates as well as external customers;
- Ability to professionally represent the interests of Marine Harvest;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to develop relationships;
- Functional computer skills with MS Office;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material and information in an ethical, professional manner;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis;
- High School diploma (Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or relevant field preferred)
- 3+ years of related experience in a quality assurance role in the food processing industry, preferably in seafood
To be considered for this opportunity with a progressive, growth-oriented company, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Shylo Loock at:
We value and appreciate submissions from all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.