It is that time of year again as the planning of the 4th Annual Aquaculture ladies weekend has begun!
Here are the details:
Any women involved with aquaculture (in any capacity) are welcome, so pass this along. Gentlemen – This includes any female relatives/friends of employees that work in aquaculture, so please pass it on to your wives or girlfriends. What a great Christmas gift idea !
DATE & TIME
- Arrive – Friday, February 17, 2012 after 4:00 pm
- Depart – Sunday, February 19, 2012 by 11:00 am
Mount Washington Guest House (the same location for the past 3 years). There is room for 30 people max in the guest house that we have booked (see below). Booking is First Come First Serve – Please contact Alejandra Hernandez at the BC Salmon Farmers Association by Dec 1st, at the latest, to register. At this time, please provide us with the e-mail address and phone number that you would like us to send any further communications to.
Total cost for the weekend is $3360.00. The BC Salmon Farmers Association has kindly made the reservation and put the 25% deposit on their credit card. ….
As it was difficult to determine the total # of participant’s right up to the last minute last year, we will ask for a total payment of $170/person. We will only take registration for both nights this year, as it was logistically more difficult to manage single night stays.
If there is money owing back to participants at the end of the weekend we can either reimburse people the amount owing, or agree to put any leftover money towards payment of some other shared cost. Please make a down payment of $85 in cash/cheque by December 1st to reserve your spot and the remaining $85 by January 13th to complete your registration. If you prefer to pay the amount in full on December 1st you may do so.
We must meet this deadline so that payment in full is met by January 13th for the rental of the house.
Drop payments off (or mail) to:
- Alejandra Hernandez
- Administrative Assistant
- BC Salmon Farmers Association
Cheques payable to:
- BC Salmon Farmers Association
- #302 – 871 Island Highway
- Campbell River, BC V9W 2C2
- Tel 250-286-1636
- Fax 250-286-1574
Past Year’s Highlights:
- “Grieg Seafood & Mainstream Environmental” hosted a fantastic martini bar to kick off our first night together. WOW – what a hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Marine Harvest donated salmon for a BBQ Saturday night and money towards breakfast and lunch foods.
- Chocolate Fondue (1st year)
- Hand Hot Wax Treatments (2nd and 3rd years)
- Music sing along (2nd year)
- Wide Mouth Mason at the pub on the mountain (2nd year)
- Odds at the pub on the mountain (3rd year)
- A variety of games were brought for people to enjoy if they chose to
- Tubing Friday night, snowshoeing, snowboarding & skiing on Saturday
- Gift Exchange (2nd and 3rd years)
- Regift exchange – bring a gift that you would like to regift for a gift exchange game.
- Any participating organizations or individuals that have any new ideas or resources to contribute to the weekend are welcome to contact us with your suggestions (hint, hint – lady friendly prizes to donate etc.)
This year we ask that all attendees bring 1 potluck item to share for dinner on Friday, breakfast on Saturday or lunch on Saturday. Food arrangements will be coordinated by Laurie Gage. Email: email@example.com Phone: 250-850-3276 ext 7261
Car pool arrangements will be coordinated by Adrienne David. Email: Adrienne.David@marineharvest.com Phone: 250-850-3276 ext 7230
1203 Fosters Place – comes with hot tub, full kitchen, linens and towels provided but you must bring your own pillows and sleeping bags. (same location as the last 3 years)
For full details, pictures, virtual tour etc you can visit their website at: www.mtwashingtonguesthouse.com
Directions: From highway 19, take exit 130. After 16kms you will be at Mount Washington Alpine Resort. Take the first turning on you left, signed Nordic Rd/Ravens Lodge. After 1 ½ kms, turn right on to Henry Road. After 1/2km turn left on to Foster’s Place. Mt Washington Guest House is the 7th chalet on the left hand side.
If you have any further questions, please contact Laurie Gage @ Marine Harvest Canada. firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 250-850-3276 ext 7261
We hope to see you there!